Thursday, November 6, 2008

Parents Breaking Up

Family separations are one of the worst things people ever have to go through in their lives. As soon as the parents break up, there's the bitterness and anger that surges into it, the kid's minds being f**ked with and the confusion of what they should do.
Some parents are crazy enough to start getting their kids involved, like my parents did. They brang me and my siblings into the whole fight and we are now messed with and as confused as ever. We know nothing will be the way it was, but having to put up with the arguments etc, it's killing us. Its like all the happiness is gone as soon as we're at either houses. Yeah you can have fun with one parent, but in the end the other parent misses out. I feel guilty when that happens and i hate hurting other people.
When i decided to live full time with my dad, i was fine. I was happy and i was having fun. I didnt want to go to my mums because of what she did. It's now been 2 months since i was at her place. Well right now i'm at mums. All last night she screamed at me and i screamed back. I cried and cried so much. I dont know what it was over. All i know is that i didnt want to be there. I had a different point of view on things and she didnt want to listen.
As soon as i argue about what i want or do what i want (about living arrangments etc) I end up hurting someone or more than one person in one way or another. It hurts so much to know that. So if i play by everyone else's rules, i wont end up hurting anyone. But that also means that i'll have to live as an unhappy person just so others can have their happiness.
I'm so confused and unsure of what to do. I dont want to hurt people but i also want to try to be happy.
If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be good

2 comments:

Teagan said...

Sometimes, you just have to accept that people are going to get hurt no matter what you do. You have to try to convince yourself it's not as bad as it actually is. Things could be much, much worse. You could be living in a third world country with no food, clean clothes, friends or either of your parents. I'm not saying try to shrug it off because that definitely won't work. If it's reeeally worrying you and you're really confused sit down with your mum and dad (probably separate to each other) and talk to them about how you're feeling. You'll have to convince them (if they're angry) that you're not trying to make it about you but that you're just concerned and confused and that you don't want to make them feel bad or angry, hurt or miserable but that you really do care about them (if that is the case). I'm not speaking from expierence (I do only have one parent and there was a very nasty break-up but for different reasons)so if you decide not to take my advice or it doesn't work please don't hunt me down >.< All the best and feel better.

Super Nova ®ª¢ê said...

hi, this is Sammie. i run 'paper' and follow 'trees are people too' -aka elly's blog, and you follow mine, and you know elly -i saw ur other blog- so that means we're friends! yay!
don't worry - my parents broke up to, my dad walked out on me and my mum when i was little, so i know how you feel.
never give up hope, ok? stay strong, and remember that your friends are there for you. i don't know what i would of done with out mine. they've helped me throu some tough times.